Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Challenge

Last December, my readers and I played a memorable game of hangman. Here's the 2015 holiday challenge:

Using all lowercase letters, and using Times New Roman ten-point font with no special formatting...
  • What is the widest seven-letter word you can type?
  • What is the narrowest seven-letter word you can type?
  • Find a four-letter word that is wider than some seven-letter word.

Email your answers to zimblogzimblog@gmail.com.

Anybody who tries the challenge this year will be entered into a drawing to win a copy of my latest puzzle book, Word Games 4I'll announce the winner after Christmas!
















N.B., the words I like to work with are the “standard” word game variety: this means we avoid proper nouns, foreign words, slang, contractions, hyphenated words, or acronyms. Also, the width of a word is defined as the horizontal separation between its leftmost and rightmost extremes.