Monday, May 26, 2014

The One Trick All Great Parents Know

Ha - just thought I'd try writing one of those Upworthy-style headlines. Anyway, it's fair to say that riddles are my new parenting trick. When the kids are bickering, I can usually press the reset button by giving them a new puzzle to chew on. Lately we've been doing "two-word rhyming riddles." The kids are starting to get the hang of it now, but most of the time I still give lots of hints. Enjoy!

Answer each riddle with two words that rhyme:

A large hog is a...
A kitten who eats a lot will grow up to be a... 
A rabbit who tells a lot of jokes is a...
A skinny baby horse is a...
A baby bear takes a bath in a...
When Donald stepped in glue, he was a...
When I dropped my lollipop at the beach, I had...
A black bird who can't fly fast is a…
A highchair for a boy chicken:
When I licked a bee, I got a...
A hammerhead playground is a...
If you fill the tub with numbers, you can take a...
An insect who doesn't like to be around others is a...
She rides a broom and has lots of money: 
Thunder comes from a...
Scary flashes in the sky:    
A boy humpback is a...
When the fox on Dora steals Pampers, he is a...
When father is unhappy, he is a...
When father is happy, he is a...
Can you make up your own two-word rhyming riddle?


For grownups: 

An averagely boring task has...
It comes out of a teakettle:
When the festivities began late, it was a...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

An energetic Thanksgiving bird?
A carpet for your insect?